Die-namics Blueprints 28 (one for the main card panel and the other to build the hidden channel inside). With the paper trimmer, I removed the inner flap and the semi circle notch on both papers. Then I trimmed down another Bristol paper and acetate to 4"x 5 1/4. At this point, I had to decide whether to make a simple scene that didn't require a masking technique or complicated one that did. I wanted to challenge myself so I created a scene that took some time and effort.
I stamped all the images I used on the card on Inkadinkado masking paper and fussy cut them. I also decided to add clouds to the background so I die cut the masking paper with the Die-namics in the Clouds. Using the Misti stamping tool I laid my trimmed paper to one corner and stamped my images. I stamped the hog with the heart first using Hybrid ink pad in Black Licorice and then I laid the acetate carefully on top of the paper and stamped the hog, this time using Stazon ink. After, I removed the acetate from the Misti stamping tool I masked the hog with the heart and stamped the other two hogs. Please note: I changed the cupcakes by removing the cherry on top with masking tape and stamped the hearts from Sweet Succulents instead ( I did this to all the cupcakes on my cards). I followed the same steps as before making sure to mask the acetate as well. The same process was used for the heart balloon from Adorable Elephants stamp set. For the string on the balloons I drew the lines in with a thin sharpie on the paper as well the acetate, making sure to line them up together carefully. After the ink was fully dried, I colored the images with copic markers.
To create the background, I placed the main card panel on top of the trimmed paper with the colored images. I covered the images with masking paper that was fussy cut before. I also adhered the clouds that were cut in masking paper. Using the blending tool, I applied Distress Ink in Twisted Citron on the bottom and blended my way to the top of the card using Stormy Skies. Afterwards, I removed the cloud masking papers and went over it lightly with Stormy Skies ink. When everything was completely dried, I stamped the sentiment using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it red.
To assemble the card I adhered the trimmed paper with the colored images to the card base. On top of that, I adhered the channel that was cut previously with the blueprint 28. Before adhering the channel that will be hidden, I made sure to trim a little off all the sides and remove the top strip to create a rectangle U shape. This allows for the white card stock that I trimmed to 4 3/4 x 2 3/4 to slide in and out of the card, revealing or hiding the colored images. I was very happy with the way the card turned out and I think it was time well spent. I hope you like it too.
My next card was very simple to make (at least compared to my previous card) but I think it still makes a cute Valentine's day card.
First, I used my paper trimmer to cut Bristol paper down to 4"x 5 1/4. I stamped my images from the Hog Heaven stamp set using the Hybrid ink pad in Black Licorice. I used the masking technique for the balloons and the little heart on the cupcake. When the ink was fully dried I colored the images with copic markers. I added the sentiment using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it black. Then, I covered all the images with the masking paper I used with my previous card. With a blending tool, I applied Distress Ink in Twisted Citron to the paper. Next, I added droplets of water to the background. When dried, I removed the masking paper and adhered it to the card base. Lastly, I added Glossy Accents to the all the hearts for shine and dimension.
For the front panel I used the Die-namics Blueprints 28 and die cut 2 pink paper with white hearts from the Lucky Prints Paper Pack. On one of the die cuts, I added double sided foam tape around the edges and adhered it to the back panel. I didn't want the inside of the flap to be white so I took the other die cut paper and trimmed off the flap and adhered it to the white flap. I kept the front of the card as is because I thought the patterned paper was more than enough. I just adore the peek a boo aspect of this card.
Using the Die-namics Gift Box cover up ( in my opinion a must have) I die cut Bristol paper. Whenever I'm working with distress inks, I prefer to use Bristol papers because the inks go on very smoothly. I applied Spun Sugar distress ink to the main frame, added foam tape around the borders and adhered it to the card base. Then, I took the four stitched rectangles and applied Citrus Citron, Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry. Next, I placed them inside the main frame. I used foam tape behind the colored images and adhered them inside each rectangle to create my little scenes.
Here's another look at the three cards together:
Thank you once again to the MFT team for this wonderful opportunity to share my cards here. I hope to see you on the MFT Facebook page and on Instagram. Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous and (hopefully) crafty day!!!