Monday, January 30, 2017

MFT: For a Friend like Gnome One Else

Hello there! Today I'm sharing a card I made inspired by the MFT sketch challenge 317 and MFT color challenge 62. For this card I used the You Gnome Me stamp set.  It's an older release that I bought recently and I couldn't wait to play with it. 


First, I stamped the images on Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth white cardstock and colored them
with copic markers and fussy cut them out.  Here are some of the colors that I used:

Hat: B24, B26, B29
Shirt/ Grass: G12, G02, G05, G09
Pants: BG05, BG07, BG09
Skin: YR000, E000, E21, E13
Beard/Slug: W000, W00. W1, W3  




To create my panels, I die cut the Die-namics brick wall cover up, and the large stitched rectangle from Die-namics blueprints 3. You can tell from the pictures that I also used a small rectangle to cut out two areas in my front panel. Next, I took the die cut brick wall and adhered it behind the main panel.  This allowed the brick wall to show through the open areas and added some texture to the background. I also used the Die-namics grassy hills to die cut white cardstock and colored it with copic markers. Then, I trimmed the card base to be slightly larger than the main frame, added a thin strip of cardstock to the left side and I adhered the front panel to the card base. To add my sentiment, I used a small rectangle white card stock and heat embossed the sentiment with silver power. I added a slightly larger gray card stock behind the sentiment and adhered that to the main panel. To finish, I added the colored images and the grass to the front of the card.  






Thank you for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

  1. omg they are just too cute, love the brick background too

    ReplyDelete