Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Guest Designs for My Favorite Things

Hello friends! Words can't describe how elated I am to be a guest designer for My Favorite Things this month.  Thank you so much MFT team for this awesome opportunity!


Today I have three cards to share with you that was inspired by the Die-namics Stars in the Sky -Horizontal.  For the first card, I used the BB-Magical-Dragons. I just love this stamp set.  I wanted to create a scene with the dragon flying through a starry sky. Here is how I create this fun interactive card.

First, I stamped the dragon using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored it with copic markers.  I added some dots on the dragon with yellow Gelly Roll pen to add more interest. To create my front panel, I used the largest Die-namics Stitched Rectangle to die cut bristol paper and inked the background with distress inks in wilted violet, blueprint sketch, and chipped sapphire. 


After, I used the Die-namics Stars in the Sky -Horizontal and die cut it so it covered the whole front panel with stars. Then, I used the Stitched Rectangle again to die cut white cardstock (to be used for the clouds) and gold glitter paper.  I glued the gold glitter paper behind the front panel. This created really shimmery and sparkly stars. Next, I used the Die-namics Stitched Cloud Edges  and die cut three clouds.  I used one of them to add the sentiment using gold embossing powder. I I flipped the other two clouds and laid them on the front panel in preparation for attaching strings.  I laid one cloud on top, and the other on the bottom with the dragon in the middle.  Then I taped an invisible string loosely going down from the top cloud, through the dragons head, to the bottom cloud.  I did the same thing with another string; attaching it through the back of the dragon's leg.  This allowed the dragon to stay centered but freely move side to side in a flying motion.  While everything was still turned over, I added double sided foam tape and adhered it to the front panel.  I added the foam tape to the dragon as well, but I didn't adhere it to the front.  I kept the backing of the tape on so that it could move around on the paper. Lastly, I placed the cloud with the stamped sentiment and adhered it to the bottom cloud. I also adhered the front panel to the card base. 


For my second card I used the super adorable stamp set, Somebunny I Love .  For this card I wanted to create a dreamy scene with the sweet bunny sleeping on top of a white puffy cloud, set in a backdrop of shiny stars.

First, I stamped the images with  Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored them with copic makers.  I fussy cut the bear and bunny image.  I trimmed off the bed so that the bunny looks like he's sleeping on top of the cloud.  To create my front panel I used the largest Die-namics Stitched Rectangle to die cut two white cardstocks.  On one of them I inked the background with distress inks in wilted violet, blueprint sketch and black. Then I used cut cardstock, die cutting it with Die-namics Stars in the SkyHorizontal. Afterwards, I added some white dots to the front using Uni ball white gel pen. I also added stickles glitter glue to the inside of the stars.  This added a lot of shine to the stars. With the other cut cardstock  I used the BG Roses all Background Stamp and stamped it using versamark and heat embossed in white. Next I used the embossed cardstock to die cut two clouds with Die-namic Stitched Cloud Edges .  I wanted to give the clouds some texture and I love the way it turned out.

I adhered the larger cloud using the foam tape to the front panel, then adhered the smaller cloud. Next I added the cut images to the top of the card.

For the sentiment I used the large strip die from  Blueprints 27 to die cut black cardstock. Then I heat embossed the sentiment in white, adhering it using foam tape.  Lastly I attached the front panel to the card base.


I absolutely adore the BB Our Story stamp set.  My two children are the biggest bookworms, and I knew I had to have this set.  The scene I created for my third card reminds me of my daughter, who can stay up all night to read if she could.

First I stamped the images using the Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored them in with copic markers. Next, I die cut 2 white cardstock using the largest Die-namics Stitched Rectangle.  To create the front panel, I stamped the background using the BG Moroccan Lattice with tattered rose distress ink. Leaving about inch on the bottom, I covered the top using masking tape and blended the bottom with picked raspberry to create the floor for the the images. Then, I used the Die-namics Window to create the window. Using the second cut cardstock, I die cut the stars using  Die-namics Stars in the Sky-Horizontal and inked the background using the distress inks mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch. Then I placed it behind the front panel and added stickles glitter glue to the inside the stars, adding shine.

Finally, I adhered all the images to the front panel and adhered that to the card base. I added the sentiment inside the card with a little cute cat.



Thank you for joining me today! I hope I have inspired you in some way.  Working with MFT products always brings me so much joy, and I'm happy I was able to share my cards with you today. See you again next Tuesday!

Happy crafting and have an awesome day!!!

Supplies:
http://www.mftstamps.com/die-namics/dimensional-scenes/die-namics-stars-in-the-sky-horizontal
http://www.mftstamps.com/bb-magical-dragons
http://www.mftstamps.com/hybrid-ink-pad-black-licorice
http://www.mftstamps.com/die-namics/stitched-pierced/die-namics-stitched-rectangle-stax
http://www.mftstamps.com/die-namics-stitched-cloud-edges
http://www.mftstamps.com/somebunny-i-love
http://www.mftstamps.com/supplies/tools/uni-ball-white-gel-pen
http://www.mftstamps.com/clear-stamps/cling-rubber/bg-roses-all-over-background
http://www.mftstamps.com/die-namics/blueprints/die-namics-blueprints-27
http://www.mftstamps.com/bb-our-story
http://www.mftstamps.com/clear-stamps/cling-rubber/bg-moroccan-lattice-background
http://www.mftstamps.com/die-namics/dimensional-scenes/die-namics-window


No comments:

Post a Comment