Today I have three cards to share with you that was inspired by the Die-namics Stars in the Sky -Horizontal. For the first card, I used the BB-Magical-Dragons. I just love this stamp set. I wanted to create a scene with the dragon flying through a starry sky. Here is how I create this fun interactive card.
First, I stamped the dragon using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored it with copic markers. I added some dots on the dragon with yellow Gelly Roll pen to add more interest. To create my front panel, I used the largest Die-namics Stitched Rectangle to die cut bristol paper and inked the background with distress inks in wilted violet, blueprint sketch, and chipped sapphire.
After, I used the Die-namics Stars in the Sky -Horizontal and die cut it so it covered the whole front panel with stars. Then, I used the Stitched Rectangle again to die cut white cardstock (to be used for the clouds) and gold glitter paper. I glued the gold glitter paper behind the front panel. This created really shimmery and sparkly stars. Next, I used the Die-namics Stitched Cloud Edges and die cut three clouds. I used one of them to add the sentiment using gold embossing powder. I I flipped the other two clouds and laid them on the front panel in preparation for attaching strings. I laid one cloud on top, and the other on the bottom with the dragon in the middle. Then I taped an invisible string loosely going down from the top cloud, through the dragons head, to the bottom cloud. I did the same thing with another string; attaching it through the back of the dragon's leg. This allowed the dragon to stay centered but freely move side to side in a flying motion. While everything was still turned over, I added double sided foam tape and adhered it to the front panel. I added the foam tape to the dragon as well, but I didn't adhere it to the front. I kept the backing of the tape on so that it could move around on the paper. Lastly, I placed the cloud with the stamped sentiment and adhered it to the bottom cloud. I also adhered the front panel to the card base.
First, I stamped the images with Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored them with copic makers. I fussy cut the bear and bunny image. I trimmed off the bed so that the bunny looks like he's sleeping on top of the cloud. To create my front panel I used the largest Die-namics Stitched Rectangle to die cut two white cardstocks. On one of them I inked the background with distress inks in wilted violet, blueprint sketch and black. Then I used cut cardstock, die cutting it with Die-namics Stars in the SkyHorizontal. Afterwards, I added some white dots to the front using Uni ball white gel pen. I also added stickles glitter glue to the inside of the stars. This added a lot of shine to the stars. With the other cut cardstock I used the BG Roses all Background Stamp and stamped it using versamark and heat embossed in white. Next I used the embossed cardstock to die cut two clouds with Die-namic Stitched Cloud Edges . I wanted to give the clouds some texture and I love the way it turned out.
Blueprints 27 to die cut black cardstock. Then I heat embossed the sentiment in white, adhering it using foam tape. Lastly I attached the front panel to the card base.
I absolutely adore the BB Our Story stamp set. My two children are the biggest bookworms, and I knew I had to have this set. The scene I created for my third card reminds me of my daughter, who can stay up all night to read if she could.
Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored them in with copic markers. Next, I die cut 2 white cardstock using the largest Die-namics Stitched Rectangle. To create the front panel, I stamped the background using the BG Moroccan Lattice with tattered rose distress ink. Leaving about inch on the bottom, I covered the top using masking tape and blended the bottom with picked raspberry to create the floor for the the images. Then, I used the Die-namics Window to create the window. Using the second cut cardstock, I die cut the stars using Die-namics Stars in the Sky-Horizontal and inked the background using the distress inks mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch. Then I placed it behind the front panel and added stickles glitter glue to the inside the stars, adding shine.
Happy crafting and have an awesome day!!!