Friday, January 27, 2017

MFT: Yeti is in Love

Hello crafty friends!  Today I have a fun light up Valentine's Day card to share with you using products from My Favorite Things .  


First, I stamped and colored (copics) the Yeti from the Beast Friends stampset. Then, I used the coordinating Die-namics  for the Yeti and the heart you see on his chest.  Next, I used the largest  wonky-stitched-rectangle-stax to trim three pieces of white cardstock.  With the first cardstock I added my own sentiment using well-connected-alphabet , I cap all the letters of the word HEART and heat embossed it in red to bring more focus to the word.  I applied spun sugar distress ink to the background and die cut three hearts (for the lights to go through). With the second trimmed cardstock  I used one of the stitched-pierced/die-namics-stitched-scallop-basic-edges to create the gound for the Yeti to stand on and used twisted citron distress ink to add color.  To finish my front panel I added red colored vellum paper behind the diecut hearts.  

With the third trimed cardstock I added the lighting element.   Using the chibi-lights starter kit, I followed the direction from the booklet. I added two white lights and one red.  The red light I placed behind the Yeti.  Then, I added THREE LAYERS of double sided foam tape to control turning on and off  the lights.  If you use only two layers of foam tape the lights will stay on.  To keep the lights off you need to insert a piece of paper to prevent the copper tape from touching the battery.  For this card I wanted the effect of heart beating so I added three layers.


This project might seem complicated but it was really quite simple to make.   Lastly, I adhered the front panel to the the second layer and added it to the card base.





video



Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!



  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment