Thursday, February 16, 2017

MFT: There's No Otter Like You

I'm back with another project to share with you. This time, it's an interactive peek-a-boo card using the MFT: BB Otterly Loves You stamp set.

I colored the images using copic markers and prismacolor pencils. I added colored pencils to the otters because I wanted to lighten and darken certain areas of the body; while adding fur like texture. (see picture below)
Colors on the otters:
Face: E40, E42, E43
Body: E77, E74 and went over the entire body with E44
Prismacolor Pencil: PC946 , PC1068 

For the card front, I added many layers to create my scene.  First, I trimmed 3 white cardstock down to 5 ¼ x4 ½ inches. With the first trimmed card stock, I added Broken China distress ink to use for the front panel. With the second, I die cut Die-namics Stitched Mountain Range and applied Weathered Wood Distress ink, lightly spraying it with water for texture. With the last card stock, I applied distress inks Mermaid Lagoon and Salty Ocean (sprayed with water again). I used the Die-namics Stitched Scallop Basic Edges 2 twice, to create the layers of water. I also used the same die to cut vellum paper, and heat embossed the sentiment in silver.  

On the die cut paper that is closest to the mountain, I added foam adhesive to create a wall for the otter that moves up and down for a peek-a-boo effect. You want to make sure to add a stopper at the end with a small foam adhesive so the otter can't slide out.  I also cut out a lollipop shape from acetate and adhered it to the otter's back.  This allows you to move the otter.  

In addition, I die cut white cardstock using  Die-namics in the Clouds to add to the front of the card (to add more interest to the scene) and lightly inked them with  Broken China distress ink. Finally, I adhered all the pieces together to the main panel and added that to the card base.  

Here's the pictures showing the otter peeking out of the card.



I hope you like today's project.
Thanks for stopping by! :)
Hugs, Amy

1 comment: