Tuesday, February 14, 2017

PPP: Blissful Butterflies

Hello friends!  
I'm here today to share with you a card I made using the Blissful Butterflies stamp set and coordinating dies from Pretty Pink Posh. I knew I wanted to make a card with this set, but I didn't have a design in mind. So I started by stamping and coloring (copic markers) a whole bunch of them. This is when I realized how versatile this small set is, as you'll see in the picture below. Honestly, I could've kept coloring but I needed to stop to make the card I'm sharing with you today.  I decided to make a fun and interactive shaker card with the beautiful butterflies and pretty sequins.  

Using 4/12 square card stock  I die cut the the paper using Window Frames die. Then, I made a acetate stencil with the clouds from the Rainy Days Dies. Using the stencil, I applied distress ink in salty ocean to create my clouds for the background. I also applied salty ocean to the front panel and lightly sprayed water on top for some texture.  After, I adhered the acetate behind the shaker window and added twos layer of foam adhesive. Before adding the second foam layer, I took one of the butterflies I colored and added an invisible string behind it. Then, I adhered the string to the top and bottom of the foam adhesive (leaving enough string so that it can move). This allows the butterfly to swing and move inside the shaker in a controlled motion.  Lastly, I added 4 mm Springtime sequins and adhered everything together.  





I hope you like today's card.  Thank you for stopping by!
Hugs, Amy


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love it and definitely want to try making a shaker like this!!! This is one of my favorite PPP stamp sets!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete