Wednesday, March 8, 2017

MFT Guest Design: YOU'RE RAW-SOME

Hello, friends! I'm back again for
MFT Challenge and Inspiration blog. You're going to love the new Sketch challenge 323. Let's take a look!

For today's card, I used a delightful stamp set called Sushi Date. You have to visit MFT's shop and take a look at this stamp set (especially if you or anyone you know loves sushi). It's got fun images of pandas, sushi, punny sentiments and so much more.  

I stamped all my images using hybrid ink pad in black licorice and colored them with copics. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. NOTE: I changed the lantern in the stamp set and used it as a vase for the bamboo plant (isn't that so clever of me).


 For the layer closest to the folded note card, I trimmed white cardstock to 
5.25"x 4". Then, I applied grout gray dye ink to the Mesh Background Rubber Stamp and stamped it to the trimmed cardstock. I wanted to add color, so I used my blending tool to apply snow cone dye ink over the the outer edges. 


For the front panel, I die-cut copic friendly paper and vellum paper using the largest die from Inside Out Stitched Rounded Rectangle Stax. I stamped some of the smaller images onto the paper to create a background for the pandas. I used an acrylic block to place the stamps and stamped it going across and down the paper. Afterwards, I colored them with copic markers.


Once it was colored, I added foam adhesive behind it and adhered it to the front of the meshed stamped paper. Then added the vellum paper on top of that to soften the images.

 I die cut a piece of white card stock using the sentiment banner and inked it using Snow Cone Dye Ink (to match the background). Once dried, I stamped the punny sentiment "You're Raw-Some" using versamark ink, and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. Lastly, I added foam adhesive behind the pandas, assembled the image, and adhered all the colored images onto the card. What do you think, isn't this a great stamp set? I think so.
Can you guess what I'm eating tonight? This card made me crave sushi from my favorite Japanese restaurant. Domo arigato (that means thank you in Japanese) for stopping by!
Hugs, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment