Wednesday, March 1, 2017

MFT: MISSION CONTROL WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY!

 Hi there, today I'm sharing a box card I made with the adorable Space Explorers stamp set from MFT Stamps.


I stamped and colored the images using copic markers.  I added white jelly roll pen, wink of stella to some of the images and glitter stickles to the star balloons. I adhered stripes of acetate to make images look like it's floating in space.  I made the red planet in the front of the card with a small ovel die that was trimmed to fit in the box. I inked it with festive berries and gave it texture by adding little drops of water. The sentiment was stamped with versa mark ink and heat embossed in white.

For the galaxy panel, I trimmed bristol cardstock to 10"x 6.5". I applied wilted violet, festive berries, mermaid lagoon, scattered straw, citrus citron distress inks using the blending tool. I used black soot and chipped saphhire around the outer edges and in between the colors. I adding more inks until I was happy with the way it looked. In order to get vivid colors you want to make sure your inks are juicy.  Then I spritzed the paper with water and picked up some of the colors with paper towel. I also splattered tiny white dots using white copic paint. 

Originally I wanted to use the inked card stock as my box card but when I folded along the scored lines it started ripping a little. So I decided to trim them to 2.5"X 3.25" to create panels for the inside and the outside of the box.

Using 12" black cardstock I scored lines at 2.75, 5.5, 8.25, 11, 11.5. and trimmed off the rest. Then I turned the paper and scored at 2.75 and 5.5 again trimming off the paper I didn't need.  Next, I folded and cut the areas and adhered the side to make a box.  Please note, these instructions are not for beginners so If you've never made a box card before I would suggest you watch a youtube video first.  That will help you to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Lastly I adhered all the panels and the images to the card.  

I hope you like today's card.  Thank you for stopping by.
Hugs, Amy


2 comments:

  1. Amy this is so fantastic! I just love your made colouring skills, maybe you could come and teach me--lol! The explosion boxes are so fun but your Distress Ink blending makes it so much cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful card, terrific colours and colouring.

    ReplyDelete