Wednesday, March 1, 2017

MFT SKETCH CHALLENGE 322: YOU MAKE EVERY DAY BETTER

Hello, crafty friends! I have big news to share with you. I will be guest designing for the MFT Challenge & Inspiration Blog for the Month of March! I love participating in their challenges and working with their products. So, this'll be an exciting month for me.
For today's Sketch 322, I used the adorable bear from Friends Furever, and a cart full of cuties from Farm Friends. These images reminded me of the stuffed animals you can find in my kid's rooms, so I wanted to replicate that scene on the card. To make it look more like a bedroom, I added the bookshelf from Our Story stamp set. 


The images I used are stamped with Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored with copic markers.

The patterned paper I used is from the Patterns Merry Bright Paper Pack. I just love the green and blue combination. I trimmed white cardstock for the background to 5x4 ¼ and applied Snow Cone dye ink from the Premium Dye Ink Cube Set 17 with the blending tool (the color matches the patterned paper perfectly). For the scallop border, I used the Die-namics Stitched Square Scallop Frames. The sketch called for rectangle borders but I don't own any, so I used the square frame and extended it. The sentiment was stamped with versamark-ink and I heat embossed it with black embossing powder. Then, I die cut the sentiment using the banner from Die-namics Blueprints 27.  


I took a literal approach to this sketch; it's perfect for creating little scenes. I hope you join and play along with this week's challenge. Thank you for stopping by, and have a fabulous day!
Hugs, Amy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! Your card is so gorgeous - I love the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete