Saturday, March 18, 2017

Purple Onion Designs: THANK YOU

Hello crafty friends! I'm SO HAPPY to share with you that I'll be joining the Purple Onion Designs design team.  I'm a huge fan of the rubberstamps the shop offers so I'm very excited for this opportunity.  My card today features the super sweet Star and Sky Birds designed by Stacey Yacula.
On the front of a A1 folded note card I applied distress inks in spun sugar and tattered rose to the upper middle area. For my front panel, I trimmed mustard colored cardstock slightly smaller than the note card. I inked the wood grain background with black versafine ink and placed the cardstock on top (making sure to press down on the paper everywhere and evenly).  After I heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  Then I applied gathered twig distress ink.  Using the mustard colored paper helped me to get the desired color faster. I also used a circle die to die cut an opening for my images.
I stamped Star and Sky Birds and the banner from the Sweet Offerings Set on bristol paper with black versafine ink.  I embossed the images with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I like using this method for any type of water coloring cause it prevents the colors from bleeding to unwanted areas.  

I used zig clean real brush for the base color and used prismacolored pencils to add shading to the images. I think they work really well together.  
To assemble the card, I added foam adhesive behind the front panel and adhered it to the front of the folded note card. I also added foam adhesive behind the images and adhered them in the circle opening. This gave the card nice dimension. I kept the card simple (hopefully sweet) so that the focus will be on those two precious birds.  Aren't they the cutest, I just love them!
I hope you like today's card.  Thank you for stopping by.
Hugs, Amy

1 comment:

  1. I have admired you on Instagram so I am super happy you are joining us at Purple Onion Designs!

    ReplyDelete