Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: Pretty Peonies

Hi there! Today, Mama Elephant's Design team and I are showcasing the Pretty Peonies stamp set. I colored the stamped images with Copic markers, distressed the background and framed it with a border I die-cut from Madison Avenue creative cuts.


I started the card by stamping the floral images on full adhesive Post-Its. I cut them out and then stamped the peonies using black ink on A2 size copic friendly paper. I used the masking technique to add layers to the peonies as shown. Then, I adhered the masking paper back onto the flowers in order to distress the background. To do this, I used Distress Oxide inks and added some water splatter marks. Afterwards, I stamped the sentiment that is included in the stamp set.


I colored the flowers with Copic markers. The two colors I chose for the peonies are inspired by the ones that grow in my garden every summer. I decided to frame the card to add interest and dimension. So, I die-cut a white cardstock using Madison Avenue creative cuts and used dimensional adhesive to attach it to the front panel. To finish, I added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I hope you like today's card!

Make sure to check out Mama Elephant blog to see more projects featuring Pretty Peonies set.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!




1 comment: