Monday, April 17, 2017

Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: Wishing You

Hello crafty friends! Today I'm joining Mama Elephant to highlight the new Wishing You set. One of the things I love to do is create scenes by mixing stamps. So, I used the stamps from Rowdy RaccoonsParty Animals and Up and Away to make a birthday card with the sentiment from Wishing You.
For the front panel, I used my favorite A2 sized stitched rectangle die from Peek a Frame Creative Cuts to die cut Bristol cardstock. Then, I inked the background using Distress inks in Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron. I stamped the beautifully hand lettered "Wishing You" sentiment using black Versafine ink. I stamped the smaller sentiment onto black cardstock using Versamark ink. Afterwards, I heat set it with white embossing powder. Then, I popped it up with dimensional adhesive.
For the images, I decided to use a masking technique. Just in case you're not familiar with it, masking is a technique of covering a stamped image, so that other stamped images may be placed over it. Here, I stamped the raccoon on the tricycle from Rowdy Raccoons on smooth white cardstock and stamped it again on a fully adhesive Post-it. I trimmed out just his head. I adhered the raccoon's head to the cardstock with the raccoon, and I stamped the balloons from Up and Away on top. When you pull off the post it, you'll get an image where the balloons are behind the raccoon. Pretty cool, right?

For the wagon (the image has a handle on the left), I inked the image and before stamping I wiped off the ink on the handle. I didn't want the handle because it was facing the wrong way. After stamping it, I filled in the missing lines with my copic liner and also drew a string to attach to the tricycle. After, I masked the wagon and stamped the bird. I wanted the bird in the front, so I masked the bird as well and stamped the presents. The cute bird, presents and cake are from the Party Animals stamp set. I colored the images with Copics and cut them out. I then adhered them with dimensional adhesive to the front panel.
I decided to stamp another raccoon with the cake inside the card. I thought it would be a nice surprise for the recipient of the card. I stamped the cake first and masked it, and then stamped the raccoon to make him look like he's holding the cake. That finishes the card. 

I really like how this card turned out. I used stamps from Rowdy Raccoons that wasn't intended for birthday cards, and combined it with other stamps to create a card that goes nicely with the birthday sentiment from the "Wishing You" set.

Make sure to check out the Mama Elephant blog to see more projects featuring Wishing You.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Amy, such a bright, cheery birthday card! I wonder what is in those presents in the little blue wagon. I'm glad that you showed part of the inside. The raccoon holding the cake is so cute!

    ReplyDelete