Thursday, April 20, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh: Stitched Stars Shaker Cards

Hello friends! I'm here today to share with you two cards I made using wonderful products from Pretty Pink Posh.  I'm featuring a die set called Stitched Stars. In this set, you get four star shapes of varying sizes. They are awesome for creating shaker windows for shaker cards because of their duel stitching.


For the first card, I stamped and colored the bear from the Halloween Friends set with Copics and cut him out with a coordinating die. I then die-cut prepared white cardstock using the biggest star from the Stitched Stars set. I used the negative cut to create my shaker window.  I trimmed heat resistant acetate and stamped the sentiment "Celebrate it's your big day" from Everyday Greetings with Versamark ink and heat set it with white embossing powder. I adhered the acetate to the back of the front panel.


To create the background, I lightly distressed the prepared cardstock with Distress ink in Mustard Seed. I also die-cut a bunch of stars using the two smallest stars and distressed them as well using the same ink. Before adhering the shaker window, I added a thin strip of dimensional adhesive on the acetate with the backing removed (this allows you to bend the foam) around the large star (to keep the sequins inside the enclosed area). I also added dimensional adhesive around the outer edges of the background panel. Before adhering the two panels together, I added 4mm Sunshine Glow sequins.  To finish, I cut between the bears wing and around the bear's arms so that he could hold the star.  Then, I adhered the bear and the stars to the front panel. I placed the bear on a slant so that he looks like he's flying. I mean, he does have wings...right? 


The next card is made the same way as the first card, but I kept the background white and added Spring Seed Beads instead. I stamped the sentiment from the Friends Forever set. After, I added the bunny from the Holiday Pals. I love this bunny; using this image adds a lot of cuteness and sweetness to the card (in my opinion, anyways). If you're not a critter stamp lover like me, you can omit them from both cards and I think it'll look just as nice. For both cards, I kept the front panel white for a cleaner look, and to bring more attention to the stitched stars as well as the beads and sequins. 

Thanks so much for looking!  Have an amazing day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment