Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh: Tribal Friends

Hello there! Today I'm sharing a shaker card that I made with amazing products from Pretty Pink Posh. I also stretched two of the critter stamps to give them a tribal makeover. 
For this card, I combined a variety of stamp sets to create this one of a kind scene. I used my favorite bunny from Holiday Pals, the fox from Fox Friends, and the tent, tree trunk and leaves from Camping Friends. I stamped the images with black ink on smooth white cardstock. I stretched the bunny, fox and the tent images by giving them a tribal look. To do this, I used my black Copic liner and drew some simple lines and dots. This is very easy to do once you know what you want them to look like. I'm far from being an artist of any kind so if I can do it, anyone can! After, I colored the images with Copic Markers and fussy cut them out. 
To create the shaker part of the card, I trimmed Bristol paper to 5.5" x 4.25". Using an acetate stencil I made with one of the Stitched Borders 2, I created puffy clouds using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. Next, I trimmed smooth white cardstock and acetate to 5.5" x 4.25". I die-cut the cardstock using the larger Window Frames die and adhered the acetate behind it. Before adding the foam adhesive around the back of the window, I stamped the sentiment "You Are Amazing" from the  Everyday Greetings stamp set. Next, I added Aquamarine and 6mm Ocean Spray sequins and adhered the shaker window to the stenciled clouds paper. I then die-cut green cardstock using Scallop Borders to give the images a ground to sit on. To finish my card, I added the images to the front panel and glued more sequins around the sentiment. 
I hope you like today's card, and I have inspired you to try stretching your stamps to give them a totally different look. Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs, Amy

1 comment:

  1. So clever, I love how you added the shaker and those simple lines on the fox and rabbit really look terrific. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete