Sunday, April 23, 2017

Purple Onion Designs: Here's a Birthday Flyby

Hello there! I hope you're enjoying your weekend.  Before I head out to church today, I wanted to share a card I made using wonderful rubber stamps by Purple Onion Designs. I used the adorable Happy (party bear)Sunny (flying bird with party hat) and Balloon Trio Streamer stamps to make a birthday card. 


I stamped the images with black Versafine ink on bristol cardstock and colored them with Zig clean color real markers. I chose shades of blues and greens to color the balloons and party hats because I wanted to make a masculine card. Then, I created the background by adding puffy clouds using Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass with a acetate I die-cut using a cloud border. I thought it'd be fun to have the bear and bird flying in the clouds with the balloons. Luckily, I was able to find a perfect sentiment to go with it from MFT stamps.


To add dimension to the card, I die-cut a frame from Lawnfawn and added foam adhesive behind it. After, I attached it to the background panel. To finish, I also added foam behind the images and adhered that to the panel as well. 


Thank you for stopping by.  Have a blessed and happy Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment