Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Purple Onion Designs: It's a Beautiful Day

Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a watercolored card using rubber stamps designed by Stacey Yacula that is available for purchase at Purple Onion Designs. Stacey's illustrations are always so sweet and beautiful. I love working with these wonderful products.


I trimmed watercolor paper slightly larger than A2 size card and stamped the Perfect Spot background using Versafine Ink in vintage sephia.  I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi to watercolor the background. What do you think of the pink trees? They were inspired by one of the Stacey's work I saw on instagram.  I thought it was so pretty, I had to give it a try. After the paper dried, I die-cut it using a A2 size rectangle die from Peek a frame creative cuts by Mama Elephant. Then I stamped the sentiment "it's a beautiful day" using vintage sephia from the Sweet Summer Sentiment Set
I stamped Chloe Bunny With Flower, the snail from Garden Bugs Set of 3, and Robin striped-t-shirt flying bird using Versafine vinatge sephia on watercolor paper. How cute are these images!!! I colored them using Zig clean color real brush markers and fussy cut them. Lastly, I adhered them to the front panel and used the Gelly roll white pen to add some accents to the tree and flowers.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. I love Purple Onion stamps! The little characters are so adorable! Sweet scene!

    ReplyDelete