Thursday, April 27, 2017

Purple Onion Designs: It's a beautiful day!

Hello, friends! Today I have for you a card I made with rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs.  I created a spring/summer scene using the TreehouseBloom no 2 (daisies), Garden Bugs and Chloe (bunny with flower).


The Treehouse stamp is originally intended for a winter scene because some of the areas are covered with snow.  So I prepared the stamp by covering just the snow areas with sticky post-its. Then, I applied black Momento ink and removed the post-its before stamping it on trimmed smooth white cardstock. I added any missing lines with the Copic liners. 

At this point I wanted to add Bloom no 2 (daisies) behind the trees so I masked the sides of the tree including the mushrooms with prepared masking paper and stamped the flowers. I colored the entire background with Copic markers. Before moving on, I stamped one of the sentiment from Sweet Summer Sentiment set.


I stamped Chloe  and Garden Bugs (they are just the cutest) on smooth white cardstock and colored them in with Copic markers and cut them out. I added dimensional adhesive behind and adhered them to the front panal.  I also die-cut a white cardstock using the larger frame from Pretty Pink Posh  Scallop Frames and added dimensional adhesive and adhered that to the front as well.  This added nice dimension and interest to the card. 

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment