Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Mama Elephant Designer Series: Graduation Shaker Card

Hello friends! Amy here today with a Designer Series card featuring the new and fabulous Celebration Balloons stamp set and Framed Tags Chelsea Creative Cuts. I made a shaker card for my son, who will be graduating from elementary school in a couple of weeks. 


I stamped the "Congrats" balloon from Celebration Balloons, the cat and the accessories from Page Huggers on smooth white cardstock. I colored the images with Copic markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies.

For the sign the cat is holding, I used stamps from Congrats All Around. Included in the set is a chick holding a sign. I removed the chick by masking, stamped the rectangle, added the sentiment "super duper proud of you" and colored it with Copic markers.


To make the background, I blended the panel with Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Fossilized Amber Distress Inks.

For the shaker window, I used trimmed acetate and framed it with cardstock that was die-cut with the frame die from Framed Tags Chelsea Creative Cuts. Please note, I removed the inside part of the frame where you see the perforated line with the paper trimmer. It was very easy to do.

I used two layers of dimensional tape to adhere the shaker window to the background panel. Inside the shaker, I added iridescent and clear stars from Pretty Pink Posh.

To finish, I attached silver strings behind the balloon and adhered all the images to the front.

I can't wait to give this card to my son on his graduation day; I know he's going to love this fun shaker card with a cat that'll remind him of his favorite stuffed animal that he's had since he was a baby.

Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment