Monday, May 22, 2017

Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: The Cat's Meow


Hello! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today, Mama Elephant is highlighting the super duper cute stamp set, The Cat's Meow. I love how this set gives you one large crowd of cats (yeah, no need for masking!) with some single cats and accessories. It's a fun and unique set for any cat lovers or animal lovers in general.

For today's card, I wanted to create a night scene with the cats hanging out in the city, enjoying their time together. 


I started the card by die-cutting masking paper with the second largest circle die from Sew Fancy Creative Cuts to create the moon. After adhering the masking paper to trimmed Bristol cardstock, I inked the background using various shades of blue Distress Inks. Then, I added small water splatters for a textured look.

Once the background dried, I stamped the sentiment "Enjoy Every Moment" with Versamark Ink and heat embossed the silver embossing powder. Then, I added some warm gray Copic markers to the moon and blended it out, hoping for the best.

I also added some stars to the background that was made by die-cutting white cardstock with Lots Of Stars Creative Cuts. You can't see it on the picture, but I applied Wink of Stella to the moon and the stars for shine.


To add more interest to the card, I added 2 layers of the skyline in different colors that was die-cut with the Cityscape Creative Cuts

For the image, I stamped the crowd of cats and colored them in with Copic markers. I fussy cut them out and added foam tape behind them for added dimension, and adhered to the front of the skyline to complete my card.

I hope you like today's card, I had so much fun making it.

Don't forget to stop by the Mama Elephant Blog for more inspiration using the The Cat's Meow stamp set.

Have a wonderful week ahead!
Hugs, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment