Thursday, May 18, 2017

Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: SWEETEST GREETINGS

Hello crafty friends! Today, Mama Elephant is highlighting the Sweetest Greetings stamp set. It contains 11 sentiments that can be used for variety of occasions. I love the whimsical look of the handwritten sentiments combined with smaller fonts that is simple yet fun; a definite must have in my book!

I have two cards to share with you. In addition to the Sweetest Greetings, I used the Summer Days (another fabulous new release item) to create my scenes. The designs of the cards are the same, but colored differently. I wonder which one you'll prefer.



For the first card, I was going for a sweet and soft look. To achieve this, I stamped the images from Summer Days, using Memento Desert Sand ink on some and London Fog ink on the others . I colored them in with Copic markers.

To create the beach,  I die-cut a trimmed paper with one of the hillside borders from Landscape Trio Creative Cuts, and distressed it with Distress Oxide and added some ink splatters. I then distressed the background with various Distress Oxides to give it a sunset sky look. To add texture to the water, I experimented by drawing wavy lines with a white Gelly Roll pen and smearing it using my finger to give it a softer look. 

To frame the images and the background, I die-cut cardstock with the big frame from Peek A frame Creative Cuts and the dashed circle from Framed Tag Columbus Circle Creative Cuts. I stamped the sentiment "You're The Sweetest" from Sweetest Greetings (it's one long sentiment but I cut the stamp so that I can split them up) before adhering the frame to the distressed panel. I thought the sentiment was perfect for both cards, because the bear and the bunny are both eating something sweet. 



For the second card, I wanted the theme to be bright and happy. I stamped the images with Memento black ink and colored them in with Copic markers. I also colored the beach and the backgrounds with Copic markers. I did the same thing to the water by adding Gelly roll pen; and everything else is the same the first card.

 Now it's your turn to decide which one you like better :)

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Don't forget to visit the Mama Elephant Blog for more inspiration from their super talented designers. 









No comments:

Post a Comment