Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mama Elephant Stamp Highlight: Celebration Balloons

Hello friends! Today, Mama Elephant is highlighting the wonderful Celebration Balloons set and matching coordinating Creative Cuts

I have two baby cards to share with you.


For both cards, I stamped the sentiment "Oh Baby" (I drew in the strings with Momento black marker) from Celebration Balloons and the adorable baby critters from Just Hatched. I colored them in with Copic markers and cut them out. I added white highlights to the balloons using white Gelly Roll pen. After, I used Glossy Accents on the balloons as well as the critter's nose and the dinosaur's plated back.

I thought the critters would be cute in a box, so I die-cut pattern paper using the box die from All Prettied Up Creative Cuts set. I lightly distressed the box edges with Distress Inks. Before placing the critters in the box, I added some white felting wool. I wanted to put them in something soft.

I framed both cards with white cardstock that has been die-cut with a scalloped frame die from Frame Tags Madison Avenue Creative Cuts set.



For the girl's card, I used the edges of an acetate that I die-cut using a cloud die from Landscape Trio Creative Cuts to create the clouds for the background. I applied Cracked Pistachios Distress Oxide ink.


I added a layer of polka-dot vellum paper on top. Then, I framed the card (the frame has 5 layers adhered together for dimension) and added a cloud to the bottom of the card front that I die-cut with the cloud border die from Landscape Trio Creative Cuts.

Lastly, I adhered some pretty iridescent stars and sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


For the background of the boy's shaker card, I distressed it with Fossilized Amber and Cracked Pistachios Distress Oxide inks. I love using the Oxides because they blend so easily.


I added the small clouds ( I lightly distressed the edges) to the card front that I die-cut with Rainbow High Creative Cuts. For the shaker component, I used sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


Don't you just love those balloons? I sure do; I love replacing the sentiments with them. I think they're super cute and fun!!!

Thank you for stopping by today. Don't forget to visit the Mama Elephant Blog for more inspiration using the Celebration Balloons set!

No comments:

Post a Comment