Friday, May 12, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh Blog Hop-May 2017 Release


Hello crafty friends!

Welcome to the second day of the Pretty Pink Posh May 2017 Product Release Blog Hop! If you've hopped here from Jessica Frost- Ballas's blog, you are in the right place.

I have two projects to share with you today. 


First up is this sweet shaker card I made using the new Woodland Critters and Bold Blooms stamp sets. I stamped the images on watercolor paper and colored it with Distress markers. For the shaker component, I used the new Sparkling Clear Flowers sequins. It looks so pretty inside the shaker card.


I distressed the card front with Distress ink with Spun Sugar. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Woodland Critters set. Before moving on I added some Sparkling Clear Flowers sequins to the card front as well.

I adhered the die-cut Scallop Ovals on the top of the acetate shaker window. I glued 5 layers of the ovals together so that it could frame the bear and the butterfly that was mounted with foam tape. In doing so, it added really nice dimension to the card.

Next, I adhered the flowers and the leaves from the Bold Blooms between the two scallop ovals. Don't you think the two different sized ovals look pretty together? I think it adds a lot of interest to the card.


My next project is another sweet shaker card using the new Happy Owls, Build A Bloom, and the   Bold Blooms stamp sets. I stamped the adorable owls and their accessories and colored them with Copic markers. For the flowers and the leaves I stamped them with various dye inks and added some accents with white Gelly Roll pen.

Next, I die-cut the card front using the Stitched Notes. Then, I blended the background using dye inks.


For the shaker component, I used Daffodil Beads. I perched the owls on the windows from the die-cut Stitched Duo 3 frame. I then arranged and adhered the flowers and the leaves to the card. To finish, I added the stamped and cut sentiment "Congrats" from the Happy Owls set .

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Next up is Joni Andaya. Enjoy the hop and have a great day!

Giveaway!!!

Be sure to leave a comment on each stop! There are 4 $25 gift certificates up for grabs, two winners each day! Winners will be picked randomly along the blog hop. Comments must be left by 11:59 PM PST on 5/17/2017. Winners will be announced on the PPP blog.

Amy Yang (you are here)

58 comments:

  1. As always, both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous Amy! Love your ink blending and of course your coloring is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, both of these are beautifully done. Your double oval frame looks awesome, and your two owls perched on the window opening are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, these cards are super cute! I love owls AND shakers, so now I'm in cuteness overload and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the colour combinations on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bear card, it is so sweet. I could see that being great for a baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these sweet and adorable designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both cards, but that little bear is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards! Such beautiful coloring and details on each one! Love all of the stamps and dies you used! The bear is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the adorable cards. Your coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you created two adorable shaker cards. The scenes are beautiful and soft coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH-MY-GOODNESS Amy!!! Your cards are absolutely AH-mazing! The soft pastel colours with the pop of colour just makes me want to stare at them all-day-long! How incredibly beautiful. Well done! ( have to say you ladies sure know how to drive home a great release! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These shaker cards are adorable. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both projects are really beautiful. I love the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, I love them both soooo much! They are just darling.
    And I adore shakers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cards! Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so adorable! Love the coloring! Great PPP release! Loving this hop with all of it's talent! Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. luv both your cards - great designs and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the double frame in the first card
    The bear with the butterfly on his note
    is darling.
    Both cards are fantastic.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your shaker card using Bold Blossoms and Woodland Creatures is just adorable! Love the butterfly on the bear's nose, and gluing together multiple layers of the oval dies for depth a brilliant idea. Your wedding shaker card using the Happy Owls, Bold Blooms and Build a Bloom sets is wonderful too! So cute the way you colored everything, and liked the idea of using Daffodil Beads for the shaker part. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are so cute, but the butterfly on the bears nose is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Amy your cards are so lovely.♥ I really love the soft colors on the first one and the owls on the window shaker card are really pretty.
    Many thanks for your inspirations.♥
    Hugs
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG...the little butterfly on the bear nose is simply A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are both so sweet. I love the sparkling flowers in the bear shaker. Got to get those. Thanks for sharing and for hopping along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your shaker cards are very pretty! Love how you used the same color inks with the floral images.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am loving the double framed shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, these are both absolutely adorable! And the first shaker, with that bear, and these gorgeous soft colours - oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  27. your cards are so sweet!! love the first one with the cute little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love how you incorporated older dies with these new products....great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love how you used the two oval dies on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can definitely see why this release sold out so quickly. All of the stamps and dies are so cute! Love how you designed with the little owls -- thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  31. both cards are amazing! I love the shaker and the flower sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the idea of shakers! Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness I love these two cards. Those flower shaker elements are so sweet! And I love how you used the scalloped ovals!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Darling cards. So soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMGosh! Your cards are so cute. I love the bear and shaker card!! I love the wedding card as well. I have a wedding coming up that this card would be perfect for.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful wedding card and I really like the double oval frame with the shaker element.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can't stand it!! That bear is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! Beautiful and sweet cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are so soft and sweet! Love the framing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW!!!!!! REALLY stunning cards! Love everything about them, and the 5 layers of the scalloped frame is so soft and really pairs well with the softness of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your cards are WONDERFUL and so SUPER cute!! Love the layering on each one!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Both of your cards are super adorable. Love the double frame on your first card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  43. Adorable cards! I especially love the first card with the super cute bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful work, really love the double frame, it pops!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely cards. The first shaker card is extra special!! Beautiful layout, design and colors. TFS your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  46. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete