Thursday, May 4, 2017

Purple Onion Designs: Hello Friend!

Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a friendship card I made using rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs, illustrated by Stacey Yacula.  I used an adorable flying owl name Ruby and surrounded him with Birch Trees and Daisies.

I stamped and colored the images with copic markers and fussy cut them out. I created the background using a cloud stencil I have with Tumbled Glass Distressink.  I also die-cut white cardstock using a grass die and distressed it with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. Then, I stamped the sentiment "hello friend" from Sweet Summer Sentiment Set.


To assemble the card, I adhered the Birch Trees with glue to the cloud panel. Then, I added the Daisies with double sided tape. When I fussy cut the Daisies they curled up a little. I thought they looked cute that way (they also added a nice dimension) I only taped down the bottom to the cloud panal. For the grass, I added foam adhesive and adhered that to the front of the flowers for more dimension. To finish, I popped up Ruby with foam adhesive as well.  


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a beautiful day!

Hugs, Amy :)

1 comment:

  1. This card is precious. The coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete