Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Sunny Studio Stamps: Underwater Sea Animals in Mason Jars

Hello crafty friends! I'm here to share with you a fun trio of cards that features Oceans of Joy and Magical Mermaids from Sunny Studio Stamps. These two stamp sets compliment each other perfectly to help you create wonderful underwater scenes. The fun aspect in my cards comes from the fact that I put some adorable sea animals inside a jar using the Vintage Jar set. Let's take a look.


To create the scenes in the jar, I used a masking technique so that I could make some of the images look like some are in the front, and others are in the back. Once I had everything stamped on smooth white cardstock, I colored them in with Copic markers. I added some diluted white acrylic paint with my finger going down the jar in an attempt to make it look glassy. I then die-cut the jars and lids with their coordinating dies.


To create the background panel, I used prepared bristol cardstock that measured 3.25" x 4.5" and stamped the sandy border from Oceans of Joy using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I distressed the background with Tumbled Glass, Brushed Corduroy, and Mustard Seed Distress Inks and added splatters of water. Once it dried, I stamped punny sentiments to each card.


For the "You're turtley awesome" sentiment, I used stamps from Turtley Awesome.


To finish, I added dimensional adhesive behind the jars and adhered it to the panel. I decided not to use the lids because I imagined that the jars were at the bottom of the seafloor, and the sea animals decided to hang out there. It's so much better then having them cooped up in a jar with the lid closed, right? ;)

I hope you enjoyed the cards.  Thanks for visiting the blog today!

2 comments:

  1. You are AH-MAZING Amy!!! I love love these

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://chennaibizbook.com/ Online stores, especially in clothing, are becoming very popular these days. Many people are entering in the online selling industry because of its convenience and affordability and more and more people are shopping online because of the convenience and cheaper prices. Moreover, you can run this business from your own home. So now you know why the number of eBay stores on the World Wide Web is increasing so much. One of the most profitable sectors in online business is clothing.

    ReplyDelete