Friday, June 9, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh: You're My Favorite

Hello crafty friends! I'm so excited to share with you a card I made using lots of wonderful Pretty Pink Posh products.


To create the background panel, I used an acetate stencil I made using a cloud like border die from Stitched Borders 2 and added clouds with Distress inks. Then, I die-cut trimmed cardstock with the wavy scallop border die from Scallop Borders to create the ground panel for the pandas to sit on. I added Distress Inks there too. On the ground panel, I heat embossed the sentiment "You're My Favorite" from the Friends Forever stamp set. For the frame, I die-cut white cardstock using the larger Scallop Frame.

Here comes the fun part. I mirror stamped (here's a link to a mirror stamping video tutorial by Jennifer Mcquire ) the adorable bear from Woodland Critters so I could create a couple facing each other and holding hands. Awwww, right? Then, I took it one step further and decided to make them into pandas (see picture below). I used a Momento black marker to draw in the lines, and colored in the bears using Copic markers: 100, N8, N6, and N4. I also used W1 and W00 in the white areas.


To added more interest the the card, I used flowers and leaves from Build A Bloom and Bold Blooms stamp sets. Luckily, I had a whole bunch of them stamped and cut for times like this. I colored them with Copic markers.


I also added hearts that I die-cut using the dies from Bee Friends set. I colored them with Copics and added Stickles for shine.


I hope you like today's card. I had so much fun playing with Pretty Pink Posh products and getting creative. I hope I have inspired you to create some cute little pandas.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment