Sunday, July 16, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh: Happy Summer Shaker Card

Hello there! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Today, I'm stopping by to share a  shaker card using some wonderful Pretty Pink Posh July release products. 


For this aquarium scene, I stamped adorable images from Sea Friends and Summer Friends, coloring them with Copic makers. Then, I cut them out with their coordinating dies. 

To create the shaker window and the background, I trimmed two Bristol cardstocks to A2 size. With the first trimmed cardstock, I added stitched detailing around the borders and die-cut the center with the largest die from Stitched Diamonds to make the window. I distressed both panels with Distress Inks and added splatters of water for a textured look. 


For the shaker window, I trimmed two panels of acetate to create double layers. I wanted to separate the sequins from the fish images for a cleaner look. I did this by placing a piece of cut acetate between the two. Each layer of acetate was mounted with a layer of foam tape. For the sequins, I used the new Mermaid Mix; perfect for any underwater scenes.  I added the sentiment on a strip of black cardstock and heat embossed it. To finish, I adhered the little girl and her fish to the front of the card to complete the scene.


Thank you for stopping by the blog!  Wishing you all a Happy Summer!

4 comments:

  1. Amy this is so incredibly well executed--LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww..thank you so much Tracy! So sweet of you to leave me a comment here ;)

      Delete
  2. Love your card! The coloring, the shaker, great design!

    ReplyDelete