Pages

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh: Happy Turkey Day

Hello everyone! I have two cards to share with you featuring the upcoming 3"x 4" stamp set Happy Turkey from Pretty Pink Posh.

To create the background, I stamped the leaves and the sentiment included in the Happy Turkey set on an A2 Bristol cardstock with Versamark ink. I applied gold embossing powder and heat set it.



To create my focal point, I die-cut masking paper using the smaller scallop circle from Scallop Circles, and adhered it to the panel. Then, I inked the panel using Fired Brick, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxides with a blending tool. After, I removed the masking paper. Using the same scallop die, I die cut gold cardstock. I mounted the die-cut circle with foam tape as shown.

I stamped the adorable turkey twice on smooth white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I used its coordinating die to cut one of them out. With the other image, I fussy cut just the body and adhered that on top of the die-cut turkey with foam tape. This is not a necessary step, but I do this sometimes to add fun dimension to the image. Lastly, I mounted the turkey inside the circle and adhered the panel to a card base.

To make front panel for the second card, I stamped the leaves an A2 Bristol cardstock, using Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Peel Paint Distress Oxides and applied pearl embossing powder. Afterwards, I heat set it and inked it using the same colors as the first card. To make the background panel, I inked another A2 Bristol cardstock using the same colors.

To create the window, I die-cut the front panel with the larger die from Window Frames. I heat embossed the sentiment using gold embossing powder on a trimmed heat resistant acetate, and adhered that behind the window panel. I mounted the window panel to the background panel using two layers of double sided foam tape.


Inside the shaker, I added my own mix of Pretty Pink Posh Sequins and some leaves that were colored with Copic markers and die-cut. For the turkey, I used the same process as the first card, but I made small changes to the eyes with a Copic liner. To finish, I adhered turkey to the front of the shaker window and adhered the panels to a card base.

I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek. Make sure to join us again tomorrow for a look at another new set!



No comments:

Post a Comment